Few months ago Samsung announced the list of devices which will receive official Jelly Bean update. Galaxy S Advance was one the luckiest to found itself in that list. S Advance users are eagerly waiting for this update as they are using Android 2.3 Gingerbread which is little out dated in ICS and Jelly Bean era.
But the wait for Jelly Bean is now over as official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXLPY firmware has been rolled out for Galaxy S Advance. Features like Google Now, offline voice typing and butter like smooth interface which you have heard before, now you can feel them practically after flashing this firmware on your mobile. This XXLPY firmware also includes Samsung’s new Touch-Wiz Nature UI.
So what are you waiting for? Just follow the few steps written ahead to install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S Advance.
Disclaimer: Steps mentioned in the further article are considered as risky and can cause damage to your mobile. It is requested that you should not follow this article if you are not aware of all these things. Read the article carefully and follow all the steps at your own risk. We are not responsible for any damage caused to your mobile after implementing these steps.
This is official firmware from Samsung and it is only applicable for Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070. Dont try to flash it on any other mobile or variant.
- Charge your mobile at least up to 70% so that installation process wont get interrupted due to low battery.
- After flashing the firmware all data on the mobile gets vanished permanently. So it is recommended that you should backup your important data on mobile such as SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory.
- Mobile drivers must be installed on computer. If you have installed Kies on computer you dont need to install it separately. Click here to download drivers.
Procedure to install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean official XXLPY firmware on Galaxy S Advance:
- Download Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean firmware for S Advance.
- Also download Odin multi downloader 3 v1.85and then install it on computer. Odin software is a tool through which we are flashing firmware.
- Click here to download.
- Switch off your mobile and boot it into downloading mode. For that press & hold volume down + power button + home button simultaneously until you see downloading message on the screen. (You can release the power button after mobile vibrates but keep pressing other two buttons.)
- Now connect mobile to computer through USB cable.
- Launch Odin software on which you have installed earlier. After proper connection of mobile to computer, you will see that one of the ID: COM box turns turned yellow. Added message will also appear in Odins message box. If you dont get such a message make sure that you have installed mobile drivers.
- Then click PDA button and select CODE file. (HOME_I9070XXLPY_I9070SERLPY_660490_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5)
- Ensure that Auto-Reboot and F.Resest Time is checked.
- Dont click anywhere else in the Odin.
- Hit on Start button to flash the firmware in mobile. It will take few minutes for flashing the ROM on mobile. In the end, your mobile will get rebooted automatically showing pass message in message box.
- However if you mobile get stuck or you get a fail message then exit the Odin, disconnect mobile from computer, remove battery and re-insert it and follow the above procedure again.
Congratulations!! Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean is now running on your Samsung Galaxy S Advance. Do let us know how it is working. You can ask any doubts related to article.
Latest posts by Sanket (see all)
- Android 4.4 KitKat Cyanogenmod 11 for Galaxy S Plus I9001 - December 9, 2013
- Official Android 4.3 XXUEMK4 Indian Firmware for Galaxy Note 2 N7100 - November 25, 2013
- Android 4.3 via Cyanogenmod 10.2 on Samsung Galaxy S Advance [CM10.2] - October 31, 2013