When we talk about custom ROMs, first name that comes to your mind is Cyanogenmod. Cyanogenmod has been serving us for long time with different ROMs based on the different Android versions. They are fulfilling the dream of people to have latest Android version on their mobile which is not possible through official update.
And at the start of New Year, Cyanogenmod has given stunning news. The news is that Cyanogenmod 10.1 which is based on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean is now also available for Samsung Galaxy Fit. Though it is an unofficial Cyanogenmod, still it has features from Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. Since it is a nightly version, you might found few bugs in it. But as the Cyanogenmod team is working on this ROM, you will get the stable version soon.
Follow the steps written ahead and enjoy Android 4.2 Jelly Bean through Cyanogenmod on your Samsung Galaxy Fit.
Disclaimer: The steps mentioned in given tutorial are considered as risky and may cause damage to your device. It is recommended that you should not follow these steps if you are not aware of all these things. Read the article at your own risk. We or developers are not responsible for any damage caused to your mobile after attempting these steps.
This tutorial is applicable only to Samsung Galaxy Fit GT 5670. Implementing this tutorial for some other mobile or variant might give you some unexpected results.
- Charge your mobile at least up to 70% so that there will not be any interruption due to low battery.
- As all the data on the mobile gets wiped during installation of ROM, you should take a backup of all your personal important data like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory.
- Dont forget to install custom recovery like Clockworkmod recovery on your mobile. It is necessary for flashing the custom ROM.
Procedure to install Cyanogenmod 10.1 on Samsung Galaxy Fit:
- First of all download Cyanogenmod 10.1 zip file for Galaxy Fit and Gapps package for Jelly Bean. (Since Cyanogenmod doesnt contain Google apps.) Here are the downloading links.
- After downloading these files, connect your mobile to PC and copy both files to the external memory card. Dont extract them.
- Disconnect your mobile from PC. Switch it off and boot into recovery mode.
- For booting into recovery mode, press and hold power button + home button simultaneously until you land into recovery mode. (Use volume buttons for navigation in recovery mode.)
- It is recommended that you should take a nandroid backup of current system. For that select backup & restore and then backup. This nandroid backup will be saved in external memory.
- Select wipe data/factory reset followed by wipe cache partition to wipe all the data & caches respectively from the phone memory.
- Select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Then select Cyanogenmod zip file form the list. Chose yes for confirmation.
- This will take few minutes for installation.
- As stated earlier Google apps are not present in this ROM, you need to flash it separately. For that repeat above step of install zip from sdcard and then chose zip from sdcard and then chose Gapps file.
- After successful flashing of both the files, select +++++go back+++++ and reboot system now.
Nice work!! Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean is now running on your mobile through Cyanogenmod 10.1. Share your views about this ROM. If you any queries, then tell us through comments. We will come up with solution as soon as possible.
Tip: If you dont like this ROM or you are not comfortable with this ROM, you can easily return back to the previous ROM just by entering into the recovery mode. Then select backup & restore option followed by restore & chose your latest backup to restore
Latest posts by Sanket (see all)
- Android 4.4 KitKat Cyanogenmod 11 for Galaxy S Plus I9001 - December 9, 2013
- Official Android 4.3 XXUEMK4 Indian Firmware for Galaxy Note 2 N7100 - November 25, 2013
- Android 4.3 via Cyanogenmod 10.2 on Samsung Galaxy S Advance [CM10.2] - October 31, 2013