If you want to flash a custom ROM in your phone, you need to have custom recovery installed in it. Clockworkmod recovery is one of the most famous custom recovery. It allows you not only to flash custom mods but also to perform advanced backups (nandroid backup), restores, installation and maintenance operations which aren’t possible with stock recovery.
Thanks to XDA developer Squadzone from team hacksung for bringing Odin flashable CWM for Galaxy Mini. The simple and easy steps are given below to guide you through flashing procedure of CWM in your device.
Disclaimer: The following steps are considered to be risky and may cause damage to your device. If you are not aware of all these things, please do not follow the given manual. We are not responsible for any damage caused to your phone due to following the tutorial.
The given steps are only applicable to Samsung galaxy Mini bearing the model number S5570. Use of this tutorial to any other mobile may result in unwanted outcomes.
- Make sure that you have charged your phone at least up to 70% so that the process wont get interrupted.
- It is recommended to take a backup of all your important data like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to external memory since it may get vanish during the process.
- Mobile drivers must be installed on your PC.
- Download and install Odin 4.38 software on your computer.
- Download TASS_v1.0.ops (required for flashing Custom Recovery).
- Download Clockworkmod recovery for Samsung Galaxy Mini.
- Now you need to get into the downloading mode of your device. For that, first switch off your mobile and then press & hold volume down + power button + home button simultaneously until it shows Downloading message on the screen.
- Connect mobile to PC through USB cable.
- Launch Odin software installed on your computer. You will get added!! message in message box. If you dont get such a message make sure that you have installed mobile drivers properly on the computer.
- Click OPS tab and select ‘TASS_v1.0.ops’ file.
- Click One Package button on Odin and select tass-recovery-cwm.tar file which you have downloaded earlier.
- Don’t click/tick any other button in Odin.
- Now click on Start button for flashing recovery in your device. After the successful installation, your phone will reboot automatically showing pass message in Odin’s message box.
- However if you mobile get stuck or you get a fail message then exit the Odin, disconnect mobile from computer, remove battery and re-insert it and follow the above procedure again.
That’s it!! Clockworkmod recovery is installed on your Samsung Galaxy Mini-S5570. Enjoy flashing custom ROMs..
Latest posts by Sanket (see all)
- Android 4.4 KitKat Cyanogenmod 11 for Galaxy S Plus I9001 - December 9, 2013
- Official Android 4.3 XXUEMK4 Indian Firmware for Galaxy Note 2 N7100 - November 25, 2013
- Android 4.3 via Cyanogenmod 10.2 on Samsung Galaxy S Advance [CM10.2] - October 31, 2013