Newly launched ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T now can be rooted with a very simple tool called Debugfs which is made by XDA Senior Member sparkym3. Since he has made rooting very simple with this rooting tool No need to follow those complicated methods. Just press few buttons on your PC keyboard & your tab will be rooted automatically.
Disclaimer: The methods & procedures described here are risky. If you are not aware of the things discussed here, you should not attempt it. In case if any damage happened to your device while following this procedure, neither we nor developer of this ROM should be held responsible for it.
Please note that, the guide mentioned here is only applicable for ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity Tab which bears TF700T model number.
Pre-requisites before Rooting ASUS tab :
- Enable USB debugging on your ASUS tab. To do so follow the path mentioned below :
Settings -> Applications -> Development options
- Enable Unknown Sources.
Settings » Applications
- Ensure that you’ve charged your tablet upto 60% battery level.
Procedure to Root AUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T :
- Before proceeding further, ensure that you’ve unlocked the bootloader of your ASUS Tab. If you’ve not done it already follow this guide given at XDA.
- Firstly download Debugfs root tool from the official development page (Link is mentioned below)
- Extract the rooting package in your PC.
- Now enter into the extracted folder, run / double click RootDebugfs file to initiate Debugfs root tool.
- Connect your ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity to PC. If windows ask for the driver location then point it to Drivers/Android folder (located in your extracted folder).
- Now switch back to Debugfs root tool program which youve opened earlier.
- In the root tool, type 1 (without quotes) to select Root option.
Note: If you get Segmentation Fault error message after Testing Superuser.. step in the rooting process, select Yes to continue which will then root your tab.
- Disconnect the tab from PC.
- After rooting, youll observe that app called Superuser has been installed on your tab. (If you cant find it installed, you can download the same from Google Play Store).
Thats it!! Youve now successfully rooted your ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity. In case if you land in trouble while following the procedure mentioned above, dont hesitate to comment it below, well try our best to sort out the same.
Latest posts by Viraj SK (see all)
- How to change Default System Icons on any Android Phone - December 1, 2013
- Make Statusbar Transparent & Change it according to App color - December 1, 2013
- Samsung Galaxy Core vs Sony Xperia M – Phone Comparison - October 2, 2013