After the success of Galaxy S, Samsung released its improved version Galaxy S Plus. With 1.4 Ghz processor, its performance is excellent. It has a slim attractive body. But this device is still running on Android 2.3 Gingerbread. Samsung is not likely to announce any Jelly Bean update for this device. So custom ROM is only your hope to install it your mobile.
One of the necessary condition for installing custom ROM is custom recovery. Clockworkmod recovery is most preferred custom recovery over the other ones. Thanks to senior XDA member ivendor for bringing out this for you. This will allow you not only to flash custom ROMs but also to perform advanced recovery, restoration, installation and maintenance operations which arent possible with stock recovery.
Further reading of article will help you to understand the procedure of installing Clockworkmod Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S Plus.
The steps mentioned in the given article are considered as risky and may cause damage to your mobile. It is recommended that you should not follow this article if you are not aware of all these things. Read article completely at your own risk. We or developers are not responsible for any damage caused to your mobile.
The given article is strictly intended for Samsung Galaxy S Plus having model number I9001. Implementing it to any other mobile might give you some unwanted results or permanent damage may cause to the mobile.
- Make sure that you have charged your mobile at least up to 70% so that installation process will occur without any interruption.
- It is recommended that you should take a backup of all your important personal data such as SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external microSD card.
- You must install your mobiles drivers on PC. If you have installed Kies on your computer then you dont need to install it separately.
Method 1 (Odin method)
- First download Odin v4.43 software and install it on your PC. It is necessary for flashing recovery on mobile.
- Download Clockworkmod recovery for Samsung Galaxy S Plus.
- Also download AriesVE OPS file.
- Now you have to boot your mobile into downloading mode. For that, first switch off your mobile then press & hold volume down + power button + home button simultaneously until it shows downloading message on your screen.
- Now connect mobile to PC via USB cable.
- Launch Odin software which you have installed previously on your PC. You will see Added!! message in Odins message box. If you wont get this message make sure that you have installed mobile drivers properly.
- Now click on the OPS button and then select AriesVE OPS file.
- Click One Package button on Odin and selectcwm6032-ariesve-touch-odin.tar file which you have downloaded earlier.
- Ensure that Auto-Reboot and F.Resest Time is checked. Make sure that you havent clicked anywhere else.
- Hit start button to flash recovery on mobile. After successful installation of recovery your mobile rebooted automatically. At the same time you will get pass message in Odins message box.
- However if you mobile get stuck or you get a fail message then exit the Odin, disconnect mobile from computer, remove battery and re-insert it and follow the above procedure again.
- First download CWM6026-TOUCH-recovery.zip for Galaxy S plus from the link given below.
- Copy this file to the external memory card.
- Now switch off your device and boot into recovery mode by using power key + volume up button.
- You will land into stock recovery. Since touch is not enabled here, you have to use volume keys for navigation and home button for selection.
- Select update zip from sdcard and then select CWM6026-TOUCH-recovery.zip file.
- After successful flashing of this file you will automatically land in CWM recovery.
- Now select +++++go back+++++ and then reboot system now.
Well done! Clockworkmod Recovery is now installed on your Samsung Galaxy S Plus I9001. Do let us know how it is working. If you any query regarding this article, you can ask us freely. We will try our level best to solve it.
Note: For entering into Clockworkmod recovery press & hold volume up + power button + home button simultaneously.
Latest posts by Sanket (see all)
- Official Android 4.3 XXUEMK4 Indian Firmware for Galaxy Note 2 N7100 - November 25, 2013
- Android 4.3 via Cyanogenmod 10.2 on Samsung Galaxy S Advance [CM10.2] - October 31, 2013
- Android 4.4 Kit Kat vs Android 4.3 Jelly Bean - October 28, 2013