Latest Clockworkmod Recovery 6 has been ported for T-Mobile Galaxy S3 , which brings lots of improvements & features. Thanks to XDA Senior Memberjellydroid13 for releasing it out. Touch CWM 6.0 allows 4-5x times faster backups than the previous versions. Also, it has new feature like it increments old backup by 15-20 MB (or whatever may be the size) to form a new backup. It has capability of making backups greater than 2 GB which is an essential thing for Galaxy S3. Other than this, Clockworkmod Recovery can be used for factory resetting, installing custom ROMs etc.
Lets checkout how to install the Clockworkmod Recovery 6 (Touch) on your T-Mobile Galaxy S3..
Disclaimer: The steps given in this article are considered to be risky & can cause damage to your device. You should not try to attempt these things if you aren’t aware of it. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage happened to your device, we won’t be held liable for it.
Please note that, this guide is applicable only for T-Mobile Galaxy S3 with model number SGH-T999. DON’T try it on other variants of Galaxy S3 or on any other device, it can cause damage to your phone.
Procedure to Install Touch Clockworkmod Recovery 6.0 on T-Mobile Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 :
- Download Touch Clockworkmod Recovery 6.0 package from the link given below:
- Download Odin Multi Downloader tool (Required for flashing the recovery).
- Extract above zip to get executable Odin file.
- Switch off the phone completely. Enter into download mode. To do so, hold Volume down + Home button (Middle one). While holding both buttons, simply press Power key till you see the construction Android robot & a yellow triangle (If you come across a warning, press Volume up button).
- Open Odin Multi Downloader tool on your Computer & connect the phone using USB cable.
- If your phone is connected successfully, youll see that the ID:COM section (located at top left) is turned blue with a random COM port number appeared below it. (If your ID:COM box doesnt turn yellow then you will need to install proper drivers for your device. For installation of drivers, use the CD you got at the time of purchase & install Kies software. You can download kies from here).
- In Odin, select PDA tab & choose recovery.tar.md5 file. Keep all the remaining options as they are & make sure that Re-Partition box is not checked.
- Press Start button to initiate the flashing process of Touch Clockworkmod Recovery on your T-Mobile Galaxy S3. When flashing process finishes successfully, youll get Pass message with the Green background & device will be restarted automatically.
- Now unplug the device from Computer.
- To try out newly installed Clockworkmod recovery, switch off the phone, Press & hold Volume up + Volume down + Power button together & you’ll get into recovery mode. (Recovery version is mentioned at the top of the screen).
There you go !! Clockworkmod Recovery 6 is now installed on your T-Mobile Galaxy S3 SH-T999. Let us know how it is working for you. We’ll be glad to hear from you..
Latest posts by Viraj SK (see all)
- Update Xperia U ST25i to Android 4.4 KitKat via Cyanogenmod 11 - December 11, 2013
- How to change Default System Icons on any Android Phone - November 30, 2013
- Make Statusbar Transparent & Change it according to App color - November 30, 2013