With the release of Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, developers started working on different custom ROM based on it. As a result official Cyanogenmod 10.1 was immediately rolled out for premium devices like Galaxy S3, Note 2, and Nexus 4 etc. As official Jelly Bean update will not be rolled out for low end devices due to their hardware limitations, people are hoping to receive some custom firmware for these devices.
Right now an unofficial Cyanogenmod 10.1 is made available for devices like Galaxy Ace and Galaxy Mini. Credits goes to XDA members AntiBillOS and rohan007 for bringing out this for Samsung Galaxy Mini. Since this ROM is in alpha state you might found few bugs like Wi-Fi tethering is not working properly. Hope soon you will get stable version for this.
A step-by-step procedure to install Cyanogenmod 10.1 based on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean on Mini Galaxy is mentioned in the further article. Read it carefully.
Disclaimer: The procedure mentioned in the further article is considered as risky and may cause damage to your mobile. You should not follow this article if you are not aware of these things. Read the article completely and follow all the steps at your own risk. We or developers are not responsible for any damage cause to your mobile after implementing these steps.
This article is applicable only for Samsung Galaxy Mini GT-S5570. Implementing it to any other model or variant might give you some undesired results.
- Ensure that mobile is charged at least up to 70% so that installation will proceed without any interruption.
- Take a backup all your personal important data like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc.to the external memory.
- Install mobile drivers on your PC. If you have installed kies on your computer then you dont need to install it separately.
- Important!! Your mobile must have custom recovery like Clockworkmod recovery installed on your mobile. Follow this tutorial to install it.
Procedure to flash unofficial Cyanogenmod 10.1 on Samsung Galaxy Mini:
- Download Cyanogenmod 10.1 for Galaxy Mini. Dont extract it.
- Click here to download.
- Also download Gapps package for Jelly Bean 4.2. Dont extract it.
- Click here to download (Download GApps for Android 4.2.2)
- Connect mobile to PC via USB cable. Copy both downloaded files to the external memory.
- Disconnect mobile from PC. Switch off it and boot it into CWM recovery mode.
- For booting into recovery mode press & hold Power button + Home button simultaneously until CWM recovery mode opens.
- You will see CWM recovery menu on screen. For taking backup of current system (nandroid backup) select backup & restore and then backup. This nandroid backup will be saved in the external memory.
- Select wipe data/factory reset and then wipe cache partition to wipe all the data & caches respectively from the phone memory.
- For flashing the custom ROM, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Navigate to the Cyanogenmod .zip file. Confirm by selecting yes in next step.
- This will take few minutes for installation of custom ROM. In the end you will see recovery menu again.
- For installing GApps, repeat the above step of install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from sdcard.
- After successful flashing of both the files, select +++++go back+++++ and then reboot system now.
Well done!! Android 4.2 Jelly Bean is now running on your Samsung Galaxy Mini via unofficial Cyanogenmod 10.1. Do let us know how it is working.
Tip: In case if you dont like this ROM, you can easily switch back to previous one just by entering into recovery mode. Then select the Backupand Restore option from the recovery mode & then select restore & choose your latest backup to restore. Your mobile will be rebooted with that backup.
Latest posts by Sanket (see all)
- Official Android 4.3 XXUEMK4 Indian Firmware for Galaxy Note 2 N7100 - November 25, 2013
- Android 4.3 via Cyanogenmod 10.2 on Samsung Galaxy S Advance [CM10.2] - October 31, 2013
- Android 4.4 Kit Kat vs Android 4.3 Jelly Bean - October 28, 2013