Today we have come up with SlimBean Custom ROM running on the latest Android 4.2.2 especially for Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus GT-S7500. This is the updated version of the SlimBean Custom ROM posted a few days back. There are lot of changes and tweaks done in this ROM.
This update contains too many fixes with new features added. That’s the reason this ROM is already growing popularity among Android users.
The Slim Bean ROM gives many customized features and fantastic improvement in performances. It is designed to trim the fat down to the bare essentials and thus gives you fast and smooth installation. It also gives a lot of theme choices with new theme control.
Although this ROM is not a full featured ROM, but it’s definitely one of the most customizable and elegant ROM you have ever seen. You will never face any battery issue after installing this ROM. For reducing your efforts it has got Settings & Recent Apps Shortcut on Status Bar. Day by day it is gaining a lot of interest from the Android users. All the credit goes to TheWhisp, Tim1928 and Archildz Raffie for developing this ROM. Let’s check out some of its features.
- Added Slim File manager with root functionality
- Includes new Shiny SlimSizer
- Quick Settings style options extended
- Added new Notification and Lockscreens
- Added new Shortcut icons
- DashClock updated to latest version
- Configurable QS long press
- Included new advanced low battery indicator
- Added automatic keyboard rotation feature
- GPS Configuration tweaks
- Added fullscreen toggle to browser menu
- Charging battery color can be customized
- Camera tweaks
- Added exposure and jpeg quality to video camera
Try this at your own risk. We are not at all responsible for any of the damage caused to your device after following this procedure. Although it is very rare that your device will be damaged but still we highly recommend you to follow all the instructions properly as they are mentioned below.
This article is compatible only and only with Galaxy Ace plus model number S7500. So don’t even think of flashing if you’re having another device except the one mentioned as it may result into unwanted outcomes. You can check your device model in Settings -> About Phone.
- Firstly enable USB Debugging in your device by the path given below:
- Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging
- Make sure that your device is charged at least up to 80% so that it won’t get turn off during the process.
- Also we highly recommend you to backup all your Phone data and settings including contacts, SMS/MMS and call logs etc. before following the given article. You must also note down the internet APNs from Settings-> Wireless and Network -> Mobile Network -> Access Point Names. So that in case you face any trouble during the process your data will be safe and protected.
- You must take a backup of ˜EFS‘ folder which contains your phone’s IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number. It is highly recommended as in case if this folder gets wiped by mistake then your device will not get the network signal which will result in problems for making or receiving calls. So just copy that folder from the root location of your phones internal partition to your external memory card. (Note: For copying this folder your device must have Root Access).
- You must temporary disable all the security tools as well as Antivirus Installed on your Computer as they might interrupt the process.
- You must have custom recovery like CWM installed in your device in order to flash SlimBean ROM.
- Download the SlimBean ROM from the given link below:
- Download the Google Apps from the given link below:
- After downloading, connect your device to the PC, enable mass storage mode and transfer these files in the memory card. Ensure that you are not placing them in the deep directories.
- Once this is done switch off your device and enter into the recovery mode. Recovery mode can be entered by holding Home Button (middle button) + Volume Up + Volume Down Button + Power Button simultaneously until the recovery mode appears. (In Recovery mode use Volume Up and Down key for Navigation and Home Button for Selection).
- It is necessary to make a nandroid backup of your current ROM so that it can be restored back in case of failure. To do so, highlight ‘backup and restore‘ option in the recovery menu, select it and then choose ‘backup‘ to start the backup process.
- Now Select ˜wipe data/factory reset‘ and ˜wipe cache partition‘ to wipe the data and catches respectively from the phone memory.
- Select ‘install zip from SD card‘ & then ‘choose zip from SD card‘. It will show all your folders and files on SD card. Now simply select the SlimBean ROM which you have just downloaded and confirm the installation by pressing ‘Yes‘.
- Rom installation process will complete in just a few minutes. Now as soon as SlimBean ROM gets flashed, again select ‘wipe data/factory reset‘ followed by ‘wipe cache partition‘.
- Now, follow the same above procedure for flashing Google Apps.
- Restart your device by pressing ‘reboot system now‘ from the Recovery mode itself.
- The new ROM will take more time than usual to restart.
Note: If you want to restore back your previous ROM you can do that by simply going back to the Recovery mode and select ‘Backup and Restore‘ option and then on next screen select ‘Restore‘.
That’s it for now! After restarting you will be happy to see your device successfully running on SlimBean Custom ROM. Don’t hesitate to give us your ideas or suggestions regarding this ROM in the comment section below. We will try our best to meet your needs.
Stay tuned to get more updates and don’t forget to like our Facebook page as well as to follow us on Google+.
Latest posts by Abhijeet (see all)
- 5 Best Video Player Apps for Android - December 8, 2013
- Update Sony Xperia U ST25i to Android 4.3 via CM 10.2 Custom ROM - November 7, 2013
- Install Official Android 4.2.2 XXUAMH2 firmware on Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE I9205 - November 4, 2013