Official Gingerbread 2.3.6 DXKT7 is out for Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670. Region-wise, DXKT7 is particularly rolled out for 5 regions namely Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore,Vietnam. Hence it is available through kies also (Official firmware updating tool released by Samsung) in these 5 region. But as usual any galaxy fit user can apply this update on their phone irrespective of the regions they belong.
Also this is latest update rolled out for Galaxy Fit up till now as it is released after Indian firmware update of 2.3.6 DDKT3 & open Germany firmware update of 2.3.6 XWKTI. Now in today’s article we will check out that how can you apply this latest firmware update of Gingerbread 2.3.6 in your phone.
So Let Us Head To The Further Part of This Article Where We will be Checking,
- Essential Steps Before Updating Firmware.
- Procedure To Update Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670 With Gingerbread 2.3.6 DXKT7 Firmware.
Disclaimer: We Have Made This Article Covering Each And Every Part At Our Level Best. In Case If Any Damage Happens to Your Device (It Should not Be),Neither We Nor Samsung Electronics Ltd. will Not Held Any Responsibility for It.
Essential Steps Before Updating Firmware :
- You Must Enable USB Debugging By Checking the Box in your device by Following the Path Below:
Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging
- It will highly Recommended to Backup all Your data Stored in your phone So as to Restore it back just in case If You Lose or Corrupt the Data During this Process.
- Your Device Must be Charged up to 70% or Above Battery Level to Ensure that Your Device should not be Turned Off During this Process.
- It will be Recommended to Temporary Disable Security Tools as well as Antivirus Installed on your Computer as This might Interrupt the Process.
By Assuming that you have followed all the instructions mentioned in Essential Steps Before Updating Firmware, you are now ready to proceed further where we will check On how to Apply this Firmware Update in your phone.
Procedure To Update Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670 With Gingerbread 2.3.6 DXKT7 Firmware :
- Firstly You Need To Download The Following Two Files :
- Extract Both The Files In A Particular Folder which You’ve Just Downloaded. Youll Find two files shown in image below.
- Turn Off Your Phone & Now Enter Into The Downloading Mode.Downloading Mode Can Be Entered By Holding Power Button + Home Button + Volume Down Button Simultaneously.
- After Entering Your Phone Into The Downloading Mode, Connect Your Phone To The Computer.
- Now OpenS5670_Odin+Multi+Downloader+v4.38.exe Which You’ve Just Downloaded & Extracted in Your Computer.By This Time ID:COM Section Should be Turned Yellow.
- Select OPS Tab & Locate BENI_v1.0.ops.
- Mark One Package & Select TheS5670DXKT7_S5670OLBKT7_S5670DXKT7_HOME.tar.md5 From One Package.
- Simply Press Start Button To Initiate The Process.You Will See The Things Like mibib,qcsbl,oemsbl… Coming While Process is Going On.
- As Soon As Process Will Get Over, ID:COM Section Will Turn “Blue” Giving The Message “Pass“.
- The Whole Process of Flashing The Firmware Will Take Hardly 5-6 Minutes.So After Getting Pass Message Your Device Will Be Rebooted Automatically.Just Switch Off It Again As We Have Not Completed The Whole Process.
- After Switching Off Your Device, You Need To Enter Into The Recovery Mode.Recovery Mode Can be Entered By Holding Power Off + Home Button (Middle button) Simultaneously (Until Recovery Mode Appears).
- In The Recovery Mode Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset & Wipe Cache Partition.Now Select “Reboot System Now” From The Recovery Mode Itself.
- Wait Until Device Reboots As It Will Take More Time To Restart The Device Than The Usual.As Soon As It Gets Restarted You Will Enter Into The Home Screen.
Congratulations !! By This Time You’ve Successfully Updated Your Device With Latest Gingerbread 2.3.6 DXKT7. In Case If You Face Any Difficulty While Flashing/Installing This Firmware, Do Let Me Know in Comments, I will Try To Assist You As Quick As Possible.
Latest posts by Viraj SK (see all)
- How to change Default System Icons on any Android Phone - December 1, 2013
- Make Statusbar Transparent & Change it according to App color - December 1, 2013
- Samsung Galaxy Core vs Sony Xperia M – Phone Comparison - October 2, 2013