Another Gingerbread 2.3.6 Update Has Been Rolled Out By Samsung For Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 Users.This Update is Rolled Out For the Indian Region Which is Dubbed As DDLK2.This Update of Gingerbread 2.3.6 DDLK2 Has Come Up With Performance Improvement And It is Much Better Than The Previous Released Gingerbread 2.3.6 DDLA1 Update. In Due Course of Article We Are Going To See That How You Can Apply This Latest Update of Gingerbread 2.3.6 DDLK2 in Your Phone.
Note : This Update Can Not Installed/Flashed Through Kies in Other Regions Than India As Kies Will Not Show Any Update For Your Phone
So Let Us Head To The Further Part of This Article Where We will be Checking,
- Essential Steps Before Updating Firmware.
- Procedure To Update Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 With Gingerbread 2.3.6 DDLK2 Firmware.
Disclaimer: We Have Made This Article Covering Each And Every Part At Our Level Best.In Case If Any Damage Happens to Your Device (It Should not Be),We will Not Held Any Responsibility for It.
Essential Steps Before Updating Firmware :
- You Must Enable USB Debugging By Checking the Box in your device by Following the Path Below:
Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging
- It will highly Recommended to Backup all Your data Stored in your phone So as to Restore it back just in case If You Lose or Corrupt the Data During this Process.
- Your Device Must be Charged up to 70% or Above Battery Level to Ensure that Your Device should not be Turned Off During this Process.
- It will be Recommended to Temporary Disable Security Tools as well as Antivirus Installed on your Computer as This might Interrupt the Process.
By Assuming that you have followed all the instructions mentioned in Essential Steps Before Installing ROM, you are now ready to proceed further where we will check On how to Apply this Firmware Update in your phone.
Procedure To Update Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 With Gingerbread 2.3.6 DDLK2 Firmware :
- Firstly You Need To Download The Following Two Files :
- Extract Both The Files In A Particular Folder which You’ve Just Downloaded.
- Turn Off Your Phone & Now Enter Into The Downloading Mode.Downloading Mode Can Be Entered By Holding Power Button + Home Button + Volume Down Button Simultaneously.
- After Entering Your Phone Into The Downloading Mode, Connect Your Phone To The Computer.
- Now Open Odin.exe Which You’ve Just Downloaded in Your Computer. By This Time ID:COM Section Should be Turned Yellow.If It isn’t Then You Need To Install Drivers in Your PC By Downloading Them.
- Mark PDA & Select TheS5360DDLK2_S5360ODDLK1_S5360DDLK1_HOME.tar.md5 From Extracted Gingerbread 2.3.6 DDLK2 Package.
- Simply Press Start Button To Initiate The Process.Wait For The Process To Finish.
- As Soon As Process Will Get Over, ID:COM Section Will Turn “Blue” Giving The Message “Pass“.
- The Whole Process of Flashing The Firmware Will Take Hardly 5-6 Minutes.So After Getting Pass Message Your Device Will Be Rebooted Automatically.Now Just Switch Off It Again As We Have Not Completed The Whole Process.
- After Switching Off Your Device, You Need To Enter Into The Recovery Mode.Recovery Mode Can be Entered By Holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key Simultaneously (Until Recovery Mode Appears).
- In The Recovery Mode Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset & Wipe Cache Partition. Now Select “Reboot System Now” From The Recovery Mode Itself.
- Wait Until Device Reboots As It Will Take Some Time To Restart The Device Than The Usual.As Soon As It Gets Restarted You Will Land Into The Home Screen.
Congratulations! By This Time You’ve Successfully Updated Your Device’s Firmware To Latest Gingerbread 2.3.6 With the Baseband Version DDLK2. Now In Case If You Face Any Difficulty While Flashing/Installing This Firmware, Do Let Me Know in Comments, I will Try To Solve It As Soon As Possible.
Latest posts by Viraj SK (see all)
- How to change Default System Icons on any Android Phone - December 1, 2013
- Make Statusbar Transparent & Change it according to App color - December 1, 2013
- Samsung Galaxy Core vs Sony Xperia M – Phone Comparison - October 2, 2013